Are you panicked because you have some Pardont-only users and have heard about the upcoming Spring ‘21 release? By that time next year, users will only be able to login into Pardot using Salesforce credentials with Single Sign-On.
You may be thinking, does this mean I have to get full Salesforce licenses for all of my Pardot users? What if I have a group of partners/vendors that I don’t want to give access to my Salesforce to? What kind of costs will this incur? How does this affect my API Integrations?
Jennifer Lynn Schneider answers all of these questions and provides some starting bullet points to advocate for getting your marketing and sales operations on one platform, with this QuickTip.
- Certain Salesforce editions already have Identity Licenses included, which is why it is important to get aligned with your Salesforce Administrator and understand what is possible right now, for your Pardot-only users.
- Keep in mind that Identity Licenses only allow access to pi.pardot.com and do not provide Lightning access.
- #1 Benefit of Marketing and Sales on one platform: All marketing and campaign engagement is available to see on the lead and contact records, allowing marketing and sales to look at the same information, in real time, and collaborate.
- #2 Benefit of Marketing and Sales on one platform: Sales has more valuable information. They are able to understand what marketing campaigns the lead or contact has been engaging with and can use this in their sales conversations to provide a consistent experience with your brand and speak to what interests the buyer the most.
- #3 Benefit of Marketing and Sales on one platform: Marketing can now have greater insights to the full sales process, creating meaningful content for each stage of the sales cycle.
- #4 Benefit of Marketing and Sales on one platform: Including website lead and contact engagement shows the sales and executive teams the large contribution ROI your website is providing in the sales cycle.
- #5 Benefit of Marketing and Sales on one platform: Reporting on one platform.
- Pardot User Migration Overview: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000353746&language=en_US&type=1&mode=1
- Pardot User Migration FAQ:https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000353870&type=1&mode=1
- Map Users Manually: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_sf_connector_setup_connect_users_manually_parent.htm&type=5
- Set Up SSO for Salesforce and Pardot: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_sf_connector_setup_sso.htm&type=5
Ways to Tune In
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pardot-life-hacks/id1476702195
- Spotify - https://podcasters.spotify.com/podcast/3gTNQj4WnIPN0awdA8Qpan
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cheshire-impact/pardot-life-hacks?refid=stpr
- iHeart Radio - https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-pardot-life-hacks-48758528/
- Google Play - https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Izjdvuefegnmrmlradp2l7rnqvm?t%3DPardot_Life_Hacks%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/_PNVdmNepo8